Chocolate Babka Recipe

 

Ever wanted to bring the sweet smells & flavors of a Jewish bakery into your home? Well this recipe is a perfect way to do just that! When I was younger, in elementary school, my parents loved to visit the Jewish bakeries that populated Miami Beach and try all the yumminess they have to offer. The smells and taste of those pastries & breads remind me of those childhood memories walking Lincoln Road into the small Jewish bakeries and having our fill of fresh Rugelach, Challah, and of course Chocolate Babka! 

Last year I went through an Italian pastry phase and learned to make Rainbow Cookies (or 7-layer cookies) & Pignoli cookies. This year I decided I wanted to jump into the Jewish pastries, which scared me a bit cause they seemed so much more complex. But I found a pretty straightforward Chocolate Babka recipe on Food&Wine and tweaked it as I went along and let me tell you, the results were a total win!! So fluffy, soft, and flavorful, it was perfect!🤤 

So, if you’d like to take a crack at it yourself, follow along with my video (below) and let me know how it goes! 

Here are the ingredients you’ll need:

Dough - 4 cups all-purpose flour 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar 2 teaspoons fine sea salt 1 cup whole milk, warmed 1 packet dry active yeast 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, at room temperature Filling - 8 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed 2 cups finely ground chocolate wafer cookies 3 tablespoons light corn syrup Glaze - 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped 4 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cubed 2 tablespoons light corn syrup


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Into Baking w. Lakanto

Silk’n Titan (At-Home Anti Aging Treatment)

Gabbys Dollhouse Cooking with Cakey Kitchen